Monday, August 10, 2009

Vietnamese sandwiches changed my life

When I lived in China town last year I walked by these vietnamese sandwiches and felt like a hack for not eating one. A couple of blog readers brought it to my attention that I was in dire need of trying one.


They couldn't have been more correct. I don't know how I made it this long without one. Ladies and gentleman of the jury:



I would like to introduce exhibit A: bbq chiu su pork and exhibit B: beef. They come on delicious french bread with mayo, onions, fresh jalapeno, sliced radish, minced carrot and lots of cilantro... cilantro on a sandwich is so fresh! It was so good. It was like having a deja vu. As your humble sandwich confidant I strongly advise you eat one if you haven't already. Your livelyhood may depend on it. This restaurant is called Saigon Sandwhiches, its 7219 De Soto Ave, Canoga Park.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, jalapeno pieces look fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is great! I'm gearing up for a sandwich tour of LA with my husband, and I'm really looking forward to checking out all of these places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jalapenos were hot, i put a bunch of sriracha on too, i was dying.

    Thanks Bailee. Your sandwich tour sounds amazing. I hope you make many successful stops on your journey!

    oh sniggity snapplejack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! you tried it! did you go to the place off of Sherman Way? They look awesome. Next time i'm back in LA i'll have to try their Veggie option, i'm pretty sure they have a tofu one : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did try it! And I went to the one off sherman way. You should definately hit it up, its magical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look beauticimous, man. When we were talking in the halls and I so casually said I love sandwiches...I had no idea you were a bonafide connoisseur!

    ReplyDelete